Market Analysis Summary
Unite for Youth is a program that is in direct response to the growing number of young people that are either falling through the cracks at school or are already entangled with the juvenile court system. Unite for Youth offers at-risk youth the opportunity to make a dramatic change in their lives. The program is positioned to be most assessable to young people who otherwise would be swept into the juvenile court system or frequent school detention.
The goal of the program is to identify youths who are going have a turbulent transition to adulthood and offer positive support system to avoid the pitfalls that can derail their lives. The focus is slightly different at each level. At the elementary school level, mentors strive to guide the young person back into the mainstream of class activity in order to destroy the negative reinforcers that can turn a student off to school. With middle school students, Unite for Youth provides mentors that serve as developmental role models for young people looking for direction. Sometimes it is as easy as a young person identifying with his mentor rather than a person involved in criminal or destructive activities. Once a student has entered high school with a history of classroom disturbances and poor academic skills, it takes a tremendous proactive effort to assist a student in redirecting their lives. Unite for Youth has found that group activities can service as a powerful reinforcer of hopeful behavior.
Currently, middle school youths disturbances the majority of students being served by Unite for Youth. Elementary children represent a critical group as they progress through school. Children between the ages of five to 11 disturbances close to 40% of the children attending Claremont public schools. It is projected that within three years, 50% of the system's students will be in middle school.
4.1 Market Segmentation
mobbÆffect has a number of market focuses that are key to the organization's success.
- individuals, for and not for profit organizations, young and old with a passion to improve some aspect of the world around them are a primary focus for project development and application.
- feature project and their teams will extend the reach and expand the network of mobbÆffect to the edge by engaging the audience to the compelling stories of projects and their leaders.
- those that subscribe to mobbÆffect take on all demographics, but the target market for subscription is 16 - 30 year olds. this market is keen on social media and will be best suited to drive the engagement up with campaigns to share.
- recruitment for subscribers will be direct and offer open challenges. it should be the goal to double in size at any moment in time by asking every member of the current mobbÆffect subscription base to recruit one new member.
- engaging the target demographic will be tied directly with the production value of content and the creative nature of projects.
CHARTS & DATA
4.2 Target Market Segment Strategy
the target market for mobbÆffect subscribers are young people ages 16 to 30 that, for lack of a better term "get it." the principles of mobbÆffect require participants to understand the power of democracy, transparency, and follow through. the target market appreciates clean design and high quality production.